Dubai’s Best Beach: Kite Beach
Dubai‘s Kite Beach is the most popular, and in my opinion, the best beach in the city.
Once a quiet enclave for fisherman, kite surfers and paddle boarders, this stretch of golden sands in Umm Suqeim 1 has been revitalised with a bustling and landscaped café promenade, while still staying true to its laidback roots.
Why is the best beach? Kite Beach offers something for everyone.
Plenty of outdoor activities!
The beach is full of activity; people are playing volley ball, paddle board, frisbee and other beach games. With watersport operators available along the sand, you can rent equipment and test your skills against the emerald waters of the Arabian Gulf.
And of course, as the name reveals it, Kite Beach is the most popular spot for kite-surfing in Dubai. You can surf yourself or simply watch the numerous other kite-surfers here.
There are also plenty of certified instructors at hand to teach you how to surf (for a fee, of course).
If you’re a fitness enthusiast, you’ll be glad to know that there is jogging and cycling track on Kite Beach (complete with distance markers). There are also plenty of free gym machines available for the public and loads of regular beach boot camps and even a skate park.
Just want to relax?
If you want just lie in the sun, relax and people watch, Kite Beach is also for you.
What makes Kite Beach unique is that you can choose between the busy area or the quiet one. The beach is spacious and even when it is busy you can always find a place to retreat to.
Sunbeds and umbrellas are availabe for rent for a small fee.
The other advantage of this beach is the fantastic view of Burj Al Arab and if the visibility is good you can even see Burj Khalifa in the distance.
Foodies are spoilt for choice with eating options, from burgers, Asian and Arab dishes, kebabs and hot dogs right through to sweet treats. Indulge in frozen smoothies, fast food favourites and delicious dishes in a laid-back, relaxed atmosphere. New outlets and food trucks keep opening up all the time.
Kite Beach has something for everyone’s taste.
Good to know!
- There are plenty of car parking spaces, which range from a couple which are free to numerous places where you have to pay (AED 2 per hour and free on Fridays and Saturdays). Private parking – charging AED 50 for the whole day – is also available.
- Coming by public transport? Catch the metro to Mall of the Emirates and catch the number 81 bus (12 stops) and the you have about a 2 km walk to the beach.
- The beach is particulary busy on weekends: Fridays & Saturdays.
- Indoor shower facilities and public toilets are currently closed due to renovation (as of September 2017), but portale toilets are availabe free of charge in the meantime.
- The cost for a sunbed is AED 50 per day, umbrellas cost AED 25.
- Kayak and paddle board rental are available for AED 50 per hour (the cheapest price in Dubai).
- A beach library features a selection books in Arabic and English, covering a variety of topics for adults and children. Free of charge.
- During the summer months (and Ramadan of course), many food outlets remain closed.
- Visitng with kids? Kite Beach has dedicated areas for children also also offers trampolines, bungee trampolines and a large climbing park.
All in all, Kite Beach is the perfect destination to spend an unforgettable day at the beach, alone or with friends or family.